Frequently Asked Questions
Please see a few frequently asked questions about makeup and hair and our booking policies
Only professional name brands, cosmetics and hair products are used in our kits. This along with application ensures long lasting hair and makeup. Brands used are Charlotte Tilbury, MAC, Bobbi Brown, Yves Saint Laurent, Chanel, Hourglass, Schwarzkoft, Bumble and Bumble to name a few.
All our artists are fully qualified and before joining the team they are provided with further training to ensure they will look after brides as well as Storme does herself. We only have the most skilled and trained artists in the team working under the Storme | Makeup and Hair brand!
To secure a booking with us please confirm by e-mail and we will send an invoice for a £100 per wedding date | £20 per person for Special Occasion reservation fee. For non-UK bookings an amount of £200 is due to secure the booking.
This secures our availability on the agreed date and time. The reservation fee is deducted from the final amount due. Enquiries for which a reservation fee has not been paid are not confirmed and therefore our availability cannot be guaranteed.
For reservation fees: Payments can be made by bank transfer. Bookings are only secured once payments have cleared. Payments can be made to the banking details seen on quotation.
For final wedding payments, an invoice will be sent 6 weeks prior to the wedding date. Final payment is due to be cleared 1 month prior to your wedding date.
Cash on the day is not accepted.
– For wedding bookings:
- Should you cancel before having your trial / consultation appointment, no refund will be granted.
- Reservation payments are only refundable – if you notify us of cancellation of booking, via email, within 48 hours ( two days) after your consultation/trial appointment. If you cancel within this time frame, 50% of your reservation will be refunded and 50% retained, to cover admin fees and for holding the date thereby causing loss of income, etc. The reservation payment is non-refundable if you cancel after 48 hours( two days) after your consultation/trial.
- Any cancellation after the final outstanding wedding balance is paid ( a month prior to the wedding date) is non-refundable.
- Any deductions in the number of services once the final payment has been made is non-refundable.
- By paying the Reservation payment you agree to all our Terms and Conditions and the payment schedule stipulated in your Reservation Invoice.
- Should for reasons unforeseen / not in your control /or any reason whatsoever result in you canceling your booking. Cancellation within 3 months before your wedding date and before your final payment is due (one month prior to your wedding date)– 50% of your final balance payment is still due upon cancellation, and will be calculated upon the number of services, previously agreed upon up until the date of cancellation. You can not deduct number of services once you have informed us of cancellation.
- Postponing – Should for reasons unforeseen / not in your control / or any reason whatsoever result in you postponing or changing the date of your booking / agreed upon date of service. We allow for one date change (subject to availability of artist)
- Special occasion and photoshoot reservation fees are non-refundable.
Cancellations can only be accepted via e-mail; verbal cancellations cannot be accepted.
Bridal Consultations / Trials can be booked as far in advance as requested. Most brides have them around 3 to 6 months before the wedding day. All looks are photographed, and we document the products used, and note any tweaks you may like to ensure the chosen look is replicated perfectly on the big day.
Makeup and hair consultations are not just for the purpose of working out the perfect look. It is a good chance for you and your artist to get to know one another, play with potential looks and see how everything wears throughout the day. It is also to ensure there are no skin reactions or sensitivities to the products used. It is, however, the client’s responsibility to inform us should they have any allergies and if any reaction occurs after the trial so that we avoid the use of those products.
Makeup trials usually take up to 2 hours and hair can also take up to 2 hours. For hair and makeup allow approximately 4 hours for safety. We will always endeavour to continue the consultation until you are satisfied with your look however, we do have a maximum 2.5-hour limit for makeup or hair consultations and 4.5-hour limit for makeup and hair consultations.
If you’re not yet fully satisfied with your look after this time, you’ll have to book a repeat consultation which is at the same cost as the initial session.
Weekend availability for trial consultations during peak season (March to October as well as December) is very limited and therefore cannot be guaranteed.
Please note for bookings with Storme, weekday trials are only available, as weekend dates are reserved for wedding bookings.
It is suggested that trial consultations take place in the morning as to wear the hair and makeup for the day or as long as possible to see how the hair and makeup wears and if any tweaks need to be noted.
Of course, we are here to help! We like to get to know you first and look at photos of your dress and your ideas, and then we’ll make suggestions of what we think will look the most beautiful, suiting your hair and your face shape. We’ll explore options with you, showing you what will most suit your chosen dress style, and you’ll soon know what you feel most comfortable with.
At your appointment we ask you to have a collection of photos and ideas to show your chosen artist.. We want you to be 100% happy and if there’s something you’re not sure about we can change it until you are. By the end of your appointment you should see yourself exactly as you will on your wedding day.
Yes, we specialise in natural makeup as it’s important to feel comfortable and look like YOU. We will start with minimal make up and build it up to a point where you feel it’s just right for you. We advise brides to wear slightly more than usual so it shows in photos and lasts all day. However, it is important that your natural beauty is enhanced and that you still look and feel like you. Feeling comfortable and confident on your wedding day is key.
An assistant to the main makeup artist/hairstylist may be required if:
- If we think that the booking is not possible for one person due to the amount of services and time constraints; or
- The start time for a booking is amended to be later but the finish time is to remain the same; or
- At your request, you wish to start later.
The cost of an assistant is a flat fee of £80 per assistant. We will inform you during the booking process if we believe that an assistant will be required.
Yes, we love Individual lash and application is included in the price for our makeup services, however, there is no reduction in price for any makeup service if they are declined. Please note that we only carry individual eyelashes, and should you prefer strip lashes, to please bring them along and we will apply them for you.
Young bridesmaids (10 – 16 years)
Flower girls (under 10 years)
Makeup will only include lip gloss, blusher, and shimmery eyeshadow application. Time allocated for hair and makeup is 20 mins per young bridesmaid / flower girl.
If a complete makeup service or more complicated hairstyle that needs additional time is required, then the full bridesmaid’s price will apply – this would be included in the quotation.
For mainland UK bookings with Storme or other members of the S Pro Team, we don’t charge for travel for the first 10 miles from the artists postcode; thereafter travel charges are 0.45p per mile (All distances are based on return journeys.).
For bookings outside of the mainland UK we charge for the following:
- Travel expenses to and/or parking at the airport.
All distances are is based on the return journey;
- Return flights for all team members booked from/to convenient airports; and
- Return travel between the airport and accommodation at the destination as well as any additional travel required at the destination.
Yes there is a lower rate for mid week weddings or low season from Monday- Thursday during November, December, January, February and March bridal bookings only.
*Please note, all Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays throughout the year are charged at Peak rates.
If a discount or special rate is offered it is only valid if confirmed by us in an e-mail, we don’t offer verbal agreements regarding discounts/special rates.
Yes! Gift vouchers are available for all our makeup and hair services as a lovely treat or present for family or friends.
Gift voucher terms:
Gift vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of issue and are not transferable. A full refund will only be made if cancelled within 14 days of purchase. Once a date has been booked for the gift voucher service it can be changed / rescheduled only once if we are informed with more than 48 hours’ notice.
Yes, we will happily provide you with another artist should we have an S Pro Team member available, in the unlikely event that no one is able to cover the booking, we will fully refund all monies, and help as best we can to find another suitable artist.